What You Need To Know About Pests
- Acrobat ants
- Carpenter ants
- Little black ants
- Odorous house ants
- Pavement ants
- Keep lids on trash cans, regularly harvest gardens, and keep outdoor eating areas free of food debris to avoid attracting foraging ants to your yard.
- Ants are attracted to moisture areas, repair leaky pipes, spigots, and air conditioners to avoid providing ants with the water they are looking for.
- Remove things like brush piles, woodpiles, and other yard debris from your yard where ants can nest.
- Regularly vacuum your home to remove crumbs and other food debris from the kitchen and other areas that will keep ants returning to your house.
- Use protective covers that encase mattresses and box springs to eliminate their favorite hiding spots.
- Reduce the amount of clutter in your home. Clutter doesn’t attract bed bugs, but it does allow them to hide.
- Vacuum your home frequently to remove stray bed bugs before they have the chance to create a large infestation.
- Before bringing secondhand items into your home, always inspect things like upholstered furniture or mattresses for bed bugs.
If you suspect there are bed bugs in your Manchester home, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here at EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control!
- The wood used on your home or to build structures on your property should be painted, stained, or otherwise treated.
- Remove older, decaying wooden items from your property like wooden play structures, fences, or furniture.
- Reduce the amount of flowering vegetation you have planted on your property near walkways, doorways, and windows.
- If possible, plant garden areas away from the outside of your home.
- Take away water sources by repairing dripping air conditioners or leaky spigots.
- Keep lids on trashcans and recycling bins to prevent them from attracting the insects that wasps like to hunt and feed on.
The following recommendations will help make your Manchester property less attractive to dangerous cockroaches.
- Eliminate as many entrance points that cockroaches can take advantage of by sealing cracks in the foundation, spaces under doors, and openings around utilities entering your home.
- Regularly vacuum, not forgetting spaces under furniture, behind appliances, and inside pantries and cabinets to prevent food debris from making cockroaches think they are welcome.
- Always inspect deliveries, boxes, and secondhand items for cockroaches before bringing them indoors.
- Ensure kitchens, basements, and bathrooms are properly ventilated to avoid excess moisture buildings up in your home that will provide cockroaches with an environment they can thrive in.
Eastern Subterranean Termites
- Make sure gutters are working to direct water away from the outside of your home. Damp soil around the perimeter of your home will attract foraging termites.
- Cut back shrubs from your exterior foundation to help the sun hit the soil surrounding your home and keep it dry.
- Create a crushed stone barrier between your foundation and any mulch.
- Repair roof damage and install weatherstripping around windows to ensure rainwater can’t seep into your home.
- Repair cracks in your foundation.
- Remove as much wood to soil contact on your property as possible; things like woodpiles, wood trim, steps, or deck posts sitting directly on the ground provide termites with easy access to food sources.
Reach out to EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control today for effective termite control for your Manchester property.
Why are rodents such a common sight in Connecticut homes? The answer is simple; because they offer them everything they need not just to survive but to thrive and live their best lives! Several rodents like house mice, roof rats, and Norway rats have adapted to living with people; while they can live outside on their own, they would rather live with us. They have learned that our properties offer them multiple sources of food, water sources, and shelter.
- Chewing through wires, cables, drywall, furniture, cabinets, and boxes using their sharp front incisors.
- Chewing through food containers and contaminating your family’s food.
- Spreading parasites and pathogens that make people sick.
- Spreading their shed fur and excrement throughout your home putting allergens in the air that cause allergy symptoms.
- Creating musty odors in your home from urine and excrement buildup.
The following recommendations will help make your property less attractive to opportunistic rodents.
- Place all trash bags in outdoor containers with locking lids.
- Remove yard clutter that provides rodents with hiding spots.
- Ensure that chimneys, vents, and drains that lead into your home have appropriate covers over them.
- Use steel wool to seal spaces around wires and pipes that move into your home.
- Fix the cracks or other openings that overtime develops in your foundation or roofline.
- Keep your kitchen clean and free of food debris in addition to indoor and outdoor eating areas.
For peace of mind when it comes to rodents on your Manchester property, reach out to us here at EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control for total rodent control solutions you can rely on.
Trust EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control with your home’s pest control needs. We are a family-owned and operated company that understands homeowners’ unique pest control needs in the Manchester area. We have a deep commitment to our customers and to ridding Connecticut properties of unwanted pests. Discover all that we have to offer and which of our pest control options are the best fit for your home and family by giving us a call today!
Request Your Free Estimate
Excellent customer service experience…very knowledgeable and professional