When it comes to preventing and controlling cockroaches, your secret weapon is knowledge. The reason roaches take over homes in Manchester is that residents don't understand these pest insects. Today, we're going to dig into a few important cockroach facts that every resident should know. Let's look at types of roaches, risk factors, how to get rid of cockroaches naturally, and what is required for complete cockroach pest control in Manchester.
The Kinds Of Cockroaches That Invade Manchester Homes
There are several roach species that can get into your home. The most common are German, American, Oriental, and brown-banded. All of these roach species can present a risk to you and your family, but of the four, German cockroaches are the worst. Why are German cockroaches so bad? Because of their incredible dependency on humans. They strongly prefer to live in man-made structures and to feed off any food sources they can find, of which there are many. Roaches don't just eat our food, they eat skin cells, hair, wallpaper, cardboard, feces, and many other strange things. Cockroach control for your Manchester home begins with understanding the link between roaches and these odd food sources.
All The Problems Roaches Can Cause In Manchester Homes
The most important of all cockroach facts is that roaches can make you sick. According to the National Pest Management Association, roaches have been found to carry more than 33 types of bacteria, 6 unique species of parasitic worms, and more than 7 human pathogens. They're also linked to hospitalizations due to asthma symptoms. It is not good to have these insects in your home.
The Most Effective Cockroach Control For Manchester Homes
If you're in Manchester, the best solution for cockroach control is to contact EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control, LLC. But, if you find cockroaches in your house, there are a few things you can try before you reach out to us. There are actually several ways to drive out the cockroaches in your home with simple, natural deterrents. Here's how to get rid of cockroaches naturally:
- Repair all leaky faucets and plumbing issues.
- Install dehumidifiers in areas of your home that stay humid.
- Clean, clean, clean. Get every surface and get in and around appliances.
- Protect food options. Store dirty dishes in soapy water until you're ready to clean them. Cover food on counters. Store pantry foods in sealed, plastic containers. Put pet food down only during meals.
- Make sure all trash is sealed and protected. Remove trash before any smells can develop.
If you find cockroaches in your house and you want them dealt with quickly, this is where the service team at EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control, LLC can help. We use methods that are known to be effective, and we continue to apply pressure until no cockroaches remain in your home. The cockroach control products we select are designed to target the cockroaches that are in your home. Different species require different cockroach control products. Your technician knows how to choose the right ones and how to monitor them to make sure they're working.
Five Simple Ways To Keep Cockroaches From Coming Back In Manchester
Once your roach infestation has been arrested, there are a few things you can do to prevent cockroaches from infesting your home again.
- Do a detailed inspection of your exterior and fill in every gap and crack. Pay close attention around exterior doors, garage doors, utilities, and vents. Replace damaged screens, door sweeps, and weatherstripping. Use a caulking gun to seal gaps and fill in holes.
- Remove organic debris that is near your home. If you have dead branches, stack them well away from your exterior. Blow leaves out of landscaping and out from underneath structures. Move scrap wood, construction materials, campfire wood, and any other wood sources.
- Move man-made objects. Roaches hide under clutter in your yard. If you have objects that don't need to be in your yard, stow them away. A clear yard is resistant to roaches.
- Trim and manage your landscaping so that it is clear and open. Roaches prefer dense vegetation to hide in. Remove weeds and unwanted grasses. Trim plants near the base. Clear out any debris.
- Address exterior moisture. Make sure your gutters are clear and that water can freely flow down and away from your exterior. A damp perimeter is highly attractive to roaches.
- Manage your trash. It is amazing how attractive a dirty trash receptacle can be. Roaches can smell rotting organic matter from a distance. Clean and deodorize your receptacles and make sure your trash is properly stored and protected.
Do you have questions, or would you like to request service? We're here to help. Reach out to us here at EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control, LLC. We can help you get rid of cockroaches and prevent future infestations. You don't have to live with roaches. Get assistance today.