The Secret To Getting Rid Of Mice For Good In Your Manchester Home
December 10, 2021 - Mice
Have you ever wondered why mice invade homes? Is there something about houses that these pests love, or are they coming indoors another reason? The secret is that mice do not like to work for their food, water, and shelter, and being indoors makes finding these three necessities easy. If you are here today seeking answers to mice problems here in Manchester, here are some things you should know and one secret that will help you control these pests.
Clear Signs Of A Mouse Infestation In Your Manchester Home
Mice are elusive creatures. They spend most of their days sleeping in secluded areas like wall voids, attics, and cluttered storage areas. Only at night do they come out to look for things to eat and drink. Keeping this in mind, here are a few clear signs of mice to identify these pests inside your home.
- Fecal droppings in the back of pantries, cabinets, and around areas mice are traveling and hiding
- Grease smears on floorboards and baseboards
- The foul odor of urine in the air
- Gnaw marks on furniture legs
- Holes chewed through boxes of furniture and the base of walls
- Torn up insulation
- Damaged books and other paper-based items
- Ripped clothing and other fabric-based items
- Nests made of fabric, insulation, paper, and other materials in secluded areas like basements and attics
The Diseases Mice In Manchester Are Capable Of Spreading
One of the biggest reasons you do not want wild mice crawling around inside your Manchester home is that they are dangerous. These pests carry not only disease-causing organisms inside their bodies but also disease-carrying parasites inside their fur. The main ways you might contract a rodent-spread disease is by being bitten by one of these pests they are carrying or interacting with their fecal matter and urine. Some of the most common diseases mice carry include salmonellosis, hantavirus, Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and murine typhus.
The Safe & Effective Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Manchester Home
Many people do not know that all types of mice are not just difficult to eliminate; they are also dangerous to control. If you use the wrong methods or products while trying to get rid of mice, you could end up sick. In order to avoid this, your best option is to bring in a professional. At EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control, we take great care in making sure our Manchester rodent control is top-tier. To start, consider having your home inspected. An inspection will allow our team of trained technicians to identify different invasive types of mice and provide a quick solution to get these pests out. They will then, with your permission, take action to quickly solve your problem. If that is what you are looking for, give us a call today.
Natural & Easy Mouse Prevention Tips For Manchester Homes
After you get rid of mice, your next step should be to make sure these pests do not come back. You can do this in one of two ways. The first is by putting in place some prevention tips. Here are four great strategies that might do the trick for you.
- Eliminate sources of water buildup and address moisture problems.
- Seal your home’s exterior by making sure your window and door screens are in good condition, your foundation is sealed, and all of your doors have door sweeps.
- Keep your home as clean as possible.
- Store leftover food and drinks inside air-tight containers.
Let our team at EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control help make your job easier. We have great long-term rodent control treatment options to help you deter pests like rodents. Contact us today to learn more.