The Covert Manchester Bed Bugs: Where Are They Hiding?
August 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Residents are being urged to be on the lookout for bed bugs in Manchester. These pesky insects can be difficult to detect and even more difficult to get rid of. EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control will discuss where in your home they might be hiding, signs of an infestation, prevention tips that don't work, and what to consider before buying bed bug pest control in Manchester. We hope that this information will help you keep your home free of these unwanted guests.
Three Places Bed Bugs Love To Hide In Your Home
Bed bugs are experts at hiding and can be found in a variety of places inside your home. Here are three places to check for them:
- Beds: Aptly-named bed bugs love to hide in the seams of mattresses and box springs. They will also hide in the creases of your bedsheets.
- In cracks in your furniture: Check for bed bugs in the cracks of your headboard, nightstand, and dresser. They can also be found in chairs and couches.
- Behind baseboards and in electrical outlets: Bed bugs can squeeze into small spaces, so be sure to check behind baseboards and in electrical outlets.
If you any signs of bed bugs, call a pest control professional right away. These pests are difficult to get rid of and it is best to leave bed bug control to the professionals.
Unmistakable Signs Of Bed Bug Infestation
There are a few signs that you can look for to determine if you have a bed bug infestation:
- Bites: Bed bugs bite humans and animals to feed on their blood. The bites are small, red, and often appear in lines or clusters.
- Bloodstains: If you notice small bloodstains on your sheets, you likely have bed bugs.
- Excrement: Bed bugs excrete a black liquid that can stain your sheets and furniture.
- Skin cast-offs: As bed bugs grow, they shed their skin. These cast-offs look like small brown shells and can be found in areas where bedbugs are hiding.
If you see any of these signs in your home, contact a professional in bed bug control services in Manchester right away. Bed bugs are difficult to get rid of and should be left to a professional exterminator like EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control.
Bed Bug Prevention Tips That Do Not Work
There are a lot of myths about DIY bed bug control techniques for your home. Unfortunately, many of these prevention tips don't actually work.
Here are a few that you should avoid:
- Using double-sided tape to keep bed bugs from crawling onto your bed.
- Sprinkling salt around your bed to keep bed bugs away.
- Spraying your bed with insecticide.
If you have an infestation, the only sure way to remedy it is by enlisting the help of professional pest control to kill the bed bugs. Do-it-yourself methods will not work and can even make the problem worse.
Things You Ought To Know Before Hiring Bed Bug Control
If you think you might have a bed bug infestation, there are two important things to keep in mind:
- Infestations can happen to anyone. Bed bugs do not discriminate and can infest homes of all types. Be sure to check for signs of an infestation even if you think your home is clean.
- Bed bugs are difficult to get rid of. Bed bugs are experts at hiding and can be difficult to eradicate. It is important to leave their removal to a professional in local pest control for bed bugs.
If you think you might have a bed bug problem, the best course of action is to call the professionals at EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control. We have more than 60 years of combined experience in extermination services including bed bug pest control in Manchester. We will be able to assess the situation and provide you with the best course of treatment to eliminate the infestation. Contact us today and get started on our effective home pest control and commercial pest control services.