The last thing you want is to see a tenant's name come up on your smartphone. Tenants don't typically reach out to you to tell you what a great job you're doing or thank you for providing a beautiful place for them to live. They usually want you to fix something. It isn't their fault, it is human nature. But that phone call could lead you down a rabbit hole and take an entire day to solve. You could walk into a nightmare—like finding the ground floor or basement of a rental unit filled with water. More often, however, you or your maintenance staff are called in to solve small problems. Unfortunately, lots of small problems can turn into a big problems, especially when your employees don't find permanent solutions. One area where solutions can fall short is in pest control. Pests rarely behave as you might expect them to behave, and control measures often look like they're working when they actually aren't. Join us as we look at why it is important to get pest control right. We'll look at some common problems and how commercial pest control in Manchester can provide an easy and effective fix by adding pest experts to your team.
Why Is Commercial Pest Control Important For Property Managers?
It is hard to find great tenants. You know the tenants we're talking about—the ones that keep their homes clean and care for your property as though it were their own. Tenants like these do not want to find big, hairy spiders sitting in their storage closet or have wasps hanging out on their balconies. The first and most important reason to get commercial pest control is to provide long-lasting pest control solutions to keep your tenants happy. Your pest control provider brings training, experience, and professionalism to the table.
- Technicians use many products that target pests and are gentle on the environment.
- All products are applied in appropriate areas.
- Where necessary, child-safe and pet-friendly products are used.
- Many methods used by technicians are entirely all-natural, such as sticky traps and exclusions.
- Technicians continually monitor the success of treatments and ensure the best results.
You're going to pay to address pest problems. You may have an employee handle the job or do it yourself. In both cases, there is a cost involved. You'll also have to pay for pest control products and deal with lost money when products don't work. The worst outcome is that your tenants will move out and you'll have to find new tenants. It is always a dice roll. You never really know what you're getting.
Since you have to pay to address pest problems anyway, it makes sense to have a trained and experienced pest control technician handle your pest control. A professional will make sure this important job is done right, and help you keep great tenants happy. But this is only one of many benefits to getting commercial pest control services for your properties. At EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control, we provide protection from several pests, some of which don't impact your business in an obvious way.
What Pests Does EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control Treat For?
We specialize in rodent and termite control in Manchester. These are two pest threats that are rarely obvious.
Subterranean Termites: The most destructive termites in the United States are subterranean termites. These insects come up from the ground and infest the wood of man-made structures. While they won't destroy your properties overnight, they can do considerable damage, over time. Subterranean termites cost U.S. property owners over $5 billion annually.
Rodents: Rats and mice are common pests, far more common than you might think. These animals can get into structures and silently present a threat to the occupants.
- Rodents contaminate food and surfaces with hairs, feces, and saliva.
- Rodents chew holes in exterior building materials to gain entry. These holes allow water to get inside which can lead to wood rot, mold, secondary pests, and other problems.
- Rodents carry ticks and fleas into structures.
- Rodents chew on interior building materials, including wires. A fire can be sparked when live wires are cut.
Along with ongoing control for hidden pests, we provide protection from obvious pests as well. Are you concerned about wasps, carpenter bees, carpenter ants, general pest ants, cockroaches, and other common pests? We've got you covered. Our Five-Step Approach works to stop these pests in their tracks.
- Inspection. We perform professional inspections to catch pest activity, analyze pest routes, uncover warning signs, and evaluate conducive conditions. The inspection process uncovers vulnerabilities so that an effective control plan can be established.
- Consultation. We get with you and share our findings, and work with you to select a customized plan to meet your pest control needs and budgetary constraints. We listen to your concerns and construct solutions that meet and exceed your expectations.
- Treatment. We apply a range of treatment products and methods. These provide layers of protection. On your property, we may apply granular products which work to reduce pest activity. Around the exteriors of structures, we apply liquid applications to prevent spiders and other creeping pests from getting inside. If necessary, products may be injected into structural voids for even more protection. Pests will have a hard time living near the exteriors of your properties.
- Communication. During routine visits, we detect problems and keep you informed. There is no price that can be put on having actionable data about potential issues regarding your properties.
- Maintenance. General pest maintenance is all-natural. We remove spider webs and spider egg sacs to reduce spider populations and remove wasp nests to prevent issues through the warm months. We seal entry points to provide long-lasting protection from pests.
As we work to address hidden pest problems and obvious pests that drive your tenants crazy, we provide one more benefit. You have access to a technician who knows your property, your tenants, and their pets. When bed bugs, pantry pests, fleas, or ticks become a problem, you can offer a quick solution, and your tenants will thank you.
The Problems Pests Can Cause In Multi-Family Dwellings
We've touched on the big problems, but there are many subtle ways pests can impact tenants in multi-family dwellings and these can impact your bottom line in surprising ways. Let's take a look at a few examples.
- Some pests are a health concern. When tenants have to miss work for because of a pest-borne disease or a sting from a stinging insect, it may lead to missed rent payments.
- When cockroaches infest structures, hospitalizations for asthma-related symptoms goes up. If your tenants have a family member with asthma, the added costs involved in hospitalizations can lead to missed rent payments.
- When sneaky pests find their way into multi-family dwellings and secretly cause damage, your tenants might notice warning signs but do nothing. You may not know there is extensive damage until they move out.
- Some individuals are allergic to stinging insects. While rare, symptoms of stinging insect allergies can be life-threatening. There is no good outcome for your tenants or you when a crisis occurs.
A quality commercial pest control plan for your multi-family units is critical protection. No property manager in Manchester should ever go without.
Complete Pest Control Services For Apartment Buildings
Apartment buildings offer a unique pest control challenge. When you have lots of people living in adjacent units, pest problems are rarely simple to solve. More effort is needed around the exterior, and smart solutions are needed when applying indoor treatments.
If you need pest control for apartment pests, it pays to have a trained and experienced technician handling this for you. For assistance in Manchester, reach out to EcoChoice Termite & Pest Control. We apply our Five-Step Approach to apartment building pest management and address the common challenges found in these structures. You can trust that we will always apply Integrated Pest Management to address pest concerns in a way that is eco-friendly and sustainable. Integrated Pest Management is the gold standard for commercial pest control. Your business will always be ready for audits and inspections.
Would you like to learn more about commercial services or explore commercial pest control costs? We look forward to the conversation. We're sure we can find the right service for your specific needs and guide you toward a solution that is ongoing and affordable. Reach out to us today. We're here to help.